All listings for this product
About this product
- Descriptionoverconsumption / population growth / dwindling resources / climate change / disease / contamination / storms / thirst / war ...will the struggle to simply stay alive become humanity's future rather than its past? World-rewned scientists Tony Barsky and Liz Hadly ask: what happens when vast population growth endangers the world's food supplies? Or our water? Our oil, space or environment? What happens if these all become critical at once? End Game explores the origins of disease in densely populated areas of West Africa, witnesses raging fires in Colorado and explains how drought-induced food shortages are already causing conflicts in the Sudan, Gaza Strip and Iraq. Finally, it asks: what combination of problems will hasten the sixth mass extinction? We still have the chance to avoid this tipping point and secure our future. But this unique opportunity will be gone within ten-to-twenty years. End Game is the call to action we need.
- Author BiographyProfessors Anthony D. Barnosky and Elizabeth A. Hadly have been married and working together for nearly 25 years to uncover the scientific underpinnings that will help ensure a viable future for humanity. Anthony Barnosky is the Professor of Integrative Biology, University of California. A renowned paleobiologist, he has spent 30 years conducting research related to past planetary changes, and what they mean for forecasting the changes to come on Planet Earth in the next few decades. Elizabeth Hadly is the Chair of Environmental Biology at Stanford University. She has spent more than 25 years studying environmental change in landscapes all over the world, conducting primary research on how living and fossil species can reveal the ways in which current human impacts are influencing ecological systems.
- Author(s)Anthony Barnosky,Elizabeth Hadly
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication14/07/2016
- SubjectEnvironment & Ecology: General Interest
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWilliam Collins
- Weight260 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $204.90New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.66New
- AU $61.69Used
- AU $94.06New
- AU $102.20New
- AU $71.40New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.59
- AU $22.44Trending at AU $24.03
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.94
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $91.19
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.01
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $50.60
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.