End of Discussion: How the Liberal Outrage Industry Shuts Down Debate, Manipulates Voters, and Makes America Less Free (and Fun) by Mary Katharine Ham, Guy Benson (Hardback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $32.82Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $26.93+ AU $28.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThey want to shut you up. But don t let this be the End of Discussion. In this fresh and provocative new book, Mary Katharine Ham and Guy Benson, dynamic Fox News and Townhall Media duo, expose how the Left exploits fake outrage to silence their political opponents in public, on social media, at work, and even in their own homes. You ve felt it and End of Discussion can help you fight it. The political correctness born on college campuses has mutated into a new hypersensitivity. It s weaponized in Washington, D.C. by anetwork of well-trained operatives, media, and politicians, and proliferated throughout the country. The new Puritans of the Left are quick to ban comedians and commencement speakers alike for the sin of disagreeing with them. They demand safe spaces while making dissent increasingly dangerous for Americans. Ham and Benson demonstrate just how dangerous the outrage industry a coalition of mostly liberal blowhards and busybodies is to America. The media frenzy they create is designed to disqualify opposing viewpoints on everything from health care to education by labeling them racist, sexist, and evil. They punish speech that makes them uncomfortable, demanding boycotts, censures, and people s jobs.They seek to win political and cultural debates by preventing them from happening. And if you think this behavior is relegated to political fights or politicians, think again. The same activists are ready to foment outrage over your association with the wrong fried chicken joints, Internet browsers, breast cancer charities, pasta, children s toys, Halloween costumes, TV shows, schools, and even comedians jokes. With Ham and Benson s help, readers can cut through the ise and find their voices again, fighting back against the rampant self-censorship and hair-trigger apologies that always make things worse, t better. With fresh reporting and insightful, occasionally tongue-in-cheek analysis, End of Discussion is a timely handbook for anyone who wants to make sure debate doesn t meet an ugly death during the 2016 election. Despite President Obama s frequent declarations to the contrary, the time for debate is t over.
- Author BiographyFox News contributors and writers MARY KATHARINE HAMandGUY BENSONrank among the most recognizable and influential young conservatives in American media today. Ham serves as contributing editor to HotAir.com; Benson is political editor at Townhall.com. Close friends for nearly a decade, the pair has collaborated on numerous projects coauthoring political analyses, cohosting radio shows, and speaking jointly to live audiences across the country.
- Author(s)Guy Benson,Mary Katharine Ham
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication16/06/2015
- SubjectCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCrown Publishing Group, Division of Random House Inc
- Weight499 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine36 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.