Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.99Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionIn this book, Dr. Jun Zhang rebuts the widely-held view that Chinese ecomic growth is unsustainable due to low consumption and a reliance on exports and ermous fixed-asset investments. Though many believe this structural imbalance of the Chinese ecomy will become a serious problem in the long run, Zhang holds a bullish long-term outlook owing to China's long-term ecomic development. For Zhang, China's structural problems are greatly exaggerated and certain structures, such as regional governing entities, ensure that China will t face the same ecomic issues that Japan encountered. Through regional competition, regional governments will persevere; Zhang predicts that China will overtake the US as a superpower. Zhang concludes by ackwledging the real dangers facing China's ecomy, and offering advice on the reforms needed to ensure continued growth.
- Author BiographyProfessor Jun Zhang is one of China's leading economists and a highly sought after commentator on its economy. Recent academic contributions have been to The World Economy, China Economic Review, Economic Systems, the Journal of Asian Economics, the Journal of the Asia Pacific Economy, and the East Asian Review.
- Author(s)Jun Zhang
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication13/07/2016
- LanguageChinese & English
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note16 black & white illustrations, 9 colour illustrations, 12 black & white tables, biography
- Weight401 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.