Endangered Species: The Bart and the Bounder's Countryside Year by Michael Daunt, Richard Heygate (Paperback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.99Free postage
- Acceptable condition
- Sold by sunrisebookshop
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionA love of landscape and countryside lies at the very heart of British life, yet most of us have long lost touch with our rural roots. In this heart-warming and affectionate celebration of the countryside, cousins Sir Richard Heygate (the Bart) and Mike Daunt (the Bounder), countrymen themselves, travel the length and breadth of the British Isles chronicling the stories of an 'endangered species' - the gamekeepers, farmers, fishermen, poachers, rogues and vagabonds who share their passion for this fast-disappearing way of life. Along the way, the Bart and the Bounder eat hedgehog with the Romany, tickle a trout, meet the White Witch of Cornwall, go rat-catching in Yorkshire, wildfowling in Norfolk, boar-hunting in Sussex and celebrate an uproarious Christmas in Ireland. They also sample a good many pints of ale and tell many tall tales in the course of giving triumphant voice to a largely unheard, forgotten, yet still-vibrant community. Eccentric, affectionate, humorous and touching in turn, Endangered Species stands as a glorious record of our country traditions.
- Author Biography'The Bart and the Bounder' first came to prominence in a BBC2 TV special of that name shown in spring 2006. It drew an audience of nearly 3 million. When not fishing with his cousin, the Bounder, the Bart, Sir Richard Heygate, runs a software company. The Bounder is always fishing.
- Author(s)Michael Daunt,Richard Heygate
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication01/05/2008
- SubjectEnvironment & Ecology: General Interest
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Murray Publishers Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight238 g
- Width126 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.