All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEndocrine Surgery provides an illustrative, instructive, and comprehensive review that depicts the rationale of basic operative principles essential to surgical therapy of endocrine organs. The chapters provide pertinent and concise summaries of how to deal with various endocrine disorders, spanning both benign and malignant conditions. Stages of operative approaches with relevant technical considerations are outlined in an easily understandable manner. Complications are reviewed when appropriate for the organ system and problem. The text is illustrated throughout by line drawings and photographs that depict anatomic or technical principles. A concise, handbook-sized reference work, this book is a valuable resource for all general surgeons and residents in training.
- Author BiographyThis book is edited by a team of experts from across the globe. Kirby I. Bland, MD, is based at the University of Alabama School of Medicine, Birmingham, AL, in the USA, where he is the Fay Fletcher Kerner Professor and Chairman of the Department of Surgery, and the Deputy Director at the Comprehensive Cancer Center. Michael G. Sarr, MD is the James C. Marson Professor of Surgery at the Mayo Clinic College of Medicine in Rochester, MN in the USA. Markus W. Buchler, MD, is a Professor of Surgery and the Chairman of the Department of General and Visceral Surgery at the University of Heidelberg in Germany. Attila Csendes, MD FACS(Hon) is a Professor of Surgery and the Chairman of the Department of Surgery at the University Hospital in Santiago, Chile. O. James Garden, MBChB MD FRCS(Ed) FRCP(Ed) FRACS(Hon), is the Regius Professor of Clinical Surgery at the Department of Clinical and Surgical Sciences at the University of Edinburgh and Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh in the UK. John Wong, BSc(Med(Syd)) MBBS(Syd) PhD(Syd) MD(Hon(Syd)) FRACS FRCS(Edin) FRCS(Glasg) FACS(Hon) is the Chair Professor for the Department of Surgery at The University of Hong Kong and Queen Mary Hospital in Hong Kong, China.
- PublisherSpringer London Ltd
- Date of Publication11/10/2010
- SubjectSurgery: Professional
- Place of PublicationEngland
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpringer London Ltd
- Content Note21 black & white illustrations, 10 colour illustrations, 11 black & white tables, biography
- Weight236 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byAttila Csendes,John Wong,Kirby I. Bland,Markus W. Buchler,Michael G. Sarr,Oliver James Garden
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.