All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEvery Abelian group can be related to an associative ring with an identity element, the ring of all its endomorphisms. Recently the theory of endomor- phism rings of Abelian groups has become a rapidly developing area of algebra. On the one hand, it can be considered as a part of the theory of Abelian groups; on the other hand, the theory can be considered as a branch of the theory of endomorphism rings of modules and the representation theory of rings. There are several reasons for studying endomorphism rings of Abelian groups: first, it makes it possible to acquire additional information about Abelian groups themselves, to introduce new concepts and methods, and to find new interesting classes of groups; second, it stimulates further develop- ment of the theory of modules and their endomorphism rings. The theory of endomorphism rings can also be useful for studies of the structure of additive groups of rings, E-modules, and homological properties of Abelian groups. The books of Baer  and Kaplansky  have played an important role in the early development of the theory of endomorphism rings of Abelian groups and modules. Endomorphism rings of Abelian groups are much stu- died in mographs of Fuchs , , and . Endomorphism rings are also studied in the works of Kurosh , Arld , and Benabdallah .
- Author BiographyAskar Tuganbaev received his Ph.D. at the Moscow State University in 1978 and has been a professor at Moscow Power Engineering Institute (Technological University) since 1978. He is the author of three other monographs on ring theory and has written numerous articles on ring theory.
- Author(s)A. V. Mikhalev,Askar A. Tuganbaev,Piotr A. Krylov
- PublisherKluwer Academic Publishers
- Date of Publication01/07/2003
- Series TitleAlgebra and Applications
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 2
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintKluwer Academic Publishers
- Content Notebiography
- Weight813 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.27New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.42
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.