All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionThis manual covers all aspects of endoscopic surgery of the lacrimal drainage system. Step-by-step descriptions are provided of endoscopic dacryocystorhistomy (DCR) and its use in revision surgery, accompanied by numerous helpful photographs and anatomical drawings. In addition, clear flow charts are included to aid in diagstic and surgical decision making and identify surgical indications. Essential information is provided on anatomy, physiology and pathology and an individual chapter is devoted to imaging of the lacrimal drainage system. Further topics include lacrimal probes and stents, potential complications of surgery, and endoscopic DCR in the pediatric age group. This book will assist the practitioner in negotiating the steep learning curve involved in gaining the skills needed to perform endoscopic surgery of the lacrimal drainage system, which offers significant advantages in terms of avoidance of external incisions and maintenance of the lacrimal pump.
- Author BiographyProfessor Livio Presutti has been Director of the Department of Head and Neck Surgery (ENT, ocular surgery, maxillofacial surgery, plastic surgery, and neurosurgery) of Modena General Hospital and Professor of Surgery at the University of Reggio Emilia since 2003. He is co-founder of the International Working Group on Endoscopic Middle Ear Surgery and head of a multidisciplinary team (including radiologists, oncologists, pathologists and radiotherapists) which each week deliberates on the optimal therapeutic approach in cases of head and neck cancer. He has more than 20 years of experience in endoscope-assisted paranasal sinus surgery, microscope-assisted otoneurosurgery and laryngeal surgery and pioneered endoscope-assisted middle ear surgery and cerebellopontine angle surgery, as well as the use of new devices such as the Tullio and Diodi laser and piezoelectric surgery. He has published more than 50 articles in national and international journals. Francesco Mattioli currently works in the Otolaryngology Department at Modena General Hospital. After his residency in this discipline, he worked at the Pediatric Surgery Department of the Hopital Robert Debre in Paris, the Catholic Hospital of North Kingnakopp, Kenya and the Hopital St. Jean de Dieu in Tanguita, Benin. He has authored more than 30 publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication19/11/2015
- SubjectSurgery: Professional
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Notebiography
- Weight394 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edited byFrancesco Mattioli,Livio Presutti
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.