All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $46.68
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $52.91
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $32.10Trending at AU $44.92
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
About this product
- DescriptionWhy turn to the past when attempting to build nursing's future? To make good decisions in planning nursing's future in the context of our complex health care system, nurses must kw the history of the actions being considered, the identities and points of view of the major players, and all the stakes that are at risk. These are the lessons of history. - from the Introduction. This book presents nursing history in the context of problems and issues that persist to this day. Issues, such as professional automy, working conditions, relationships with other health professionals, appropriate kwledge for education and licensure, gender, class, and race are traced through the stories told in this volume. Each chapter provides a piece of the puzzle that is nursing. The editors, all ted nurse historians and educators, have carefully made selections from the best that has been published in the nursing and health care literature.
- Author BiographyEllen D. Baer, RN, PhD, FAAN, is the Wallace Gilroy Visiting Professor of Nursing at the University of Miami and Professor Emeritus of Nursing at the University of Pennsylvania, where she held the Hillman Term Professorship in Nursing and where she remains an Associate Director of the Center for the Study of the History of Nursing. Dr. Baer's research and writing in nursing history have been recognized by the Centennial Nursing Heritage Award from the American Nurses' Association, the Lavinia L. Dock Award from the American Association of the History of Nursing, the Distinguished Nurse Researcher Award from the Foundation of the New York State Nurses' Association, the Agnes Dillon Randolph Award from the University of Virginia, and distinguished alumni awards from New York University and Columbia University.
- Author(s)Ellen D. Baer,Patricia D'Antonio
- PublisherSpringer Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication31/12/2000
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer Publishing Co Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight730 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.