All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionEverywhere around the world, women have captured their unique vision and experiences in art. Whether done collectively or singly, long ago or right w in our own age, they have translated their religious, social, spiritual, and political selves into outward expression and beautiful form. Embark on a special adventure through the paintings, sculpture, jewellery, needlework, and cinema made by female artisans in countries ranging from Africa to Poland, Japan to Chile. Many of these incredible items, displayed in colour photographs, bridge the gap between the decorative and the functional: women's ornamentation on such items as tools, clothing, or the walls of their village homes transform the ordinary into something of profound beauty and meaning. Admire here the pottery from Nigeria; beadwork and murals from the Ndebele women; body decorations painted on the Yemeni bride; Japanese Ikebana; fashion design from the Caribbean; pysanky, painted eggs from the Ukraine; Soviet revolutionary films from the 1920s; Mayan textile traditions; and the other achievements by women across the globe.
- Author BiographyAbby Remer
- Author(s)Abby Remer
- PublisherDavis Publications Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/03/2001
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationWorcester
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDavis Publications Inc.,U.S.
- Content Notecolour photos
- Weight768 g
- Width220 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.