All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe fastest way to keep your students engaged It's an all too familiar sight: that glazed look in your students' eyes. They've been sitting or listening for too long. What they need is an Energizing Brain Break-a quick physical and mental challenge that's like hitting the refresh button on your computer, but for your students. This practical full-color flip book contains 50 highly effective, classroom-tested brain breaks that you can put to immediate use across the grades. No preparation or supplies are required; just one to two minutes of your time when you see a need. You'll find pictures, directions, and online videos for activities such as: Slap Count Letters: students alternate slapping each other's hands while spelling a word Rock, Paper, Scissors, Math: partners reveal a certain number of fingers to each other, and the first person to add them together wins Bizz-Buzz: groups of students count from 1 to 40 using a combination of numbers and words There's better way to help students remain sharp and alert, reenergized to take on the next task of learning!
- Author BiographyDavid Sladkey has been teaching high school mathematics since 1987. He was named Teacher of the Year for Naperville School District 203 in 2007 and the Office Max Innovative Teacher of the Month in March of 2009. David loves to get his students moving and participating actively in their learning. He appreciates technology that impacts curriculum and is easy to implement. Davis uses a SMART Board in his classes every day and is the mathematics department technology specialist. He has coauthored a book, Easy SMART Board Teaching Templates, with Scott Miller and is the author of Energizing Brain Breaks, a Corwin bestseller, and Engaging Teaching Tools. David is passionate about his teaching and reflects this journey in his blog, Reflections of a High School Math Teacher (teachinghighschoolmath.blogspot.com). David is also an avid cyclist and loves spending time with his wife and three children.
- Author(s)David U. Sladkey
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication23/04/2013
- FormatSpiral bound
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight113 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $69.60Trending at AU $91.10
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $24.79Trending at AU $28.00
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $50.31
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.93
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.71
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $36.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.