All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSince its modest beginning in the 1970s, the academic and research focus on energy has grown substantially and energy has established itself as an independent, interdisciplinary subject area. It attracts attention from people in a range of different fields including engineers, scientists, geologists, environmentalists, bankers, investors, policy makers and politicians. Energy Ecomics introduces the basic concepts of energy ecomics and explains how simple ecomic tools can be used to analyse contemporary energy issues. Energy Ecomics is organised into six parts that give the reader a thorough grounding in various key aspects of the subject: * basic demand-related concepts and ideas used in energy ecomics; * supply-side ecomics;* energy markets, with specific emphasis on oil, gas and coal;* the application of simple ecomic principles in analysing contemporary energy issues;* environmental aspects of energy use; and* regulatory and governance issues. Energy Ecomics is an easily accessible reference book for students of energy ecomics at the postgraduate level, as well as for a wider interdisciplinary audience. It provides readers with the skills required to understand and analyse complex energy issues from an ecomic perspective.
- Author BiographyDr. Subhes Bhattacharyya is a senior lecturer in Energy/Petroleum Economics at the Centre for Energy, Petroleum and Mineral Law and Policy (CEPMLP), University of Dundee, UK. He has been the Programme Director for the MSc in Energy Studies since October 2006. He also directs the MSc programme in Climate Change Economics and Policy. Dr. Bhattacharyya is the founder co-editor of the International Journal of Energy Sector Management. He specialises in energy economics, energy planning and policy issues, regulation and restructuring of energy industries and energy environment interactions. He has 25 years of experience in the energy sector in various capacities: graduate-level teaching in energy, research and industry experience. Dr. Bhattacharyya mainly focuses on applied, interdisciplinary energy research on developing economies, with a special emphasis on India and Thailand. He has published widely in peer-reviewed energy-related journals.
- Author(s)Subhes C. Bhattacharyya
- PublisherSpringer London Ltd
- Date of Publication07/03/2011
- SubjectEnergy Technology & Electrical Engineering
- Place of PublicationEngland
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpringer London Ltd
- Content Note128 black & white tables, biography
- Weight1244 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine43 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.74
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.18
- AU $40.67Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.