All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionFor the Movers, Shakers, and Policy Makers in Energy Engineering and Related Industries The latest version of a bestselling reference, Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy Handbook, Second Edition covers the foremost trends and techlogies in energy engineering today. This new edition contains the latest material on energy planning and policy, with a focus on renewable and sustainable energy sources. It also examines nuclear energy and its place in future energy systems, includes a chapter on natural gas, and provides extensive coverage of energy storage for numerous forms of energy generation. The text also provides energy supply, demand, and pricing factor projections for the future. Explore the Future of Global Energy The authors address problems that industry w faces, including the limited availability of conventional energy resources such as oil, natural gas, and coal, and considers renewable energies such as wind power, solar energy, and biomass. They also illustrate the ecomics of energy efficiency, discuss the financial energy policies of various countries, consider the role of energy conservation in energy strategies, and examine the future of renewable energy techlogies to build a sustainable energy system. This book is divided into five sections, providing a comprehensive look at renewable energy techlogies and systems: * Global Energy Systems, Policy, and Ecomics * Energy Generation through 2025 * Energy Infrastructure and Storage * Renewable Techlogies * Biomass Energy Systems Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy Handbook, Second Edition focuses on the successful promotion of a sustainable energy supply for the future, and offers new and relevant information providing a clear reference to sustainable-development goals.
- Author BiographyDr. D. Yogi Goswami is a university distinguished professor, and director of the Clean Energy Research Center at the University of South Florida, Tampa, USA. He has served as an advisor and given testimonies on energy policy and the transition to renewable energy to the U.S. Congress and the Government of India, as well as provided consultant expertise to the U.S. Department of Energy, USAID, World Bank, and NIST, among others. Professor Goswami is the editor-in-chief of the Solar Energy and Progress in Solar Energy journals. He has published 16 books, six conference proceedings, and nearly 400 refereed technical papers. Frank Kreith is professor emeritus of engineering at the University of Colorado, Boulder, USA. He received his MS in engineering from the University of California, Los Angeles, USA and his doctorate from the University of Paris in 1964. From 1953 to 1959, he was associate professor of mechanical engineering at Lehigh University, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, USA. In 1959, he joined the University of Colorado, where he held appointments as professor of mechanical and chemical engineering. He was senior research fellow at the Solar Energy Research Institute, and has consulted for NATO, the U.S. Agency of International Development, and the United Nations.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication19/10/2015
- SubjectEnergy Technology & Electrical Engineering
- Series TitleMechanical and Aerospace Engineering Series
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note690 black & white illustrations, 283 black & white tables
- Weight2721 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine66 mm
- Edited byD. Yogi Goswami,Frank Kreith
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.