All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionEnergy, Environment, and Climate, Second Edition, is the most contemporary book for the energy course. Written for n-science majors, the text presents the physical concepts in easy-to-understand language and asks students to apply those concepts to contemporary energy issues. Students learn to analyze the important questions that face today's citizens and deal with the answers both qualitatively and quantitatively. End-of-chapter questions provide an opportunity for students to practice what they've learned and provide instructors with questions that can be debated in class.
- Author BiographyRichard Wolfson is Benjamin F. Wissler Professor of Physics at Middlebury College, where he also teaches environmental studies. He holds a BA from Swarthmore, an MS in environmental studies from the University of Michigan, and Ph.D. in physics from Dartmouth. His research involves solar astrophysics and terrestrial climate change. Wolfson's books include introductory physics texts as well as Nuclear Choices: A Citizen's Guide to Nuclear Technology (MIT Press 1993) and Simply Einstein: Relativity Demystified (W.W. Norton 2003). He has produced four video courses for The Teaching Company: Einstein's Relativity and the Quantum Revolution: Modern Physics for Nonscientists (1995 & 1999); Energy and Climate: Science for Citizens in the Age of Global Warming (1996); Physics in Your Life (2004); and Earth's Changing Climate (2007).
- Author(s)Richard Wolfson
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication18/11/2011
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight920 g
- Width206 mm
- Height257 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.