All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
About this product
- DescriptionThis book focuses on the latest developments in the Asia-Pacific community in terms of how deregulation and privatization are bringing more risk to energy companies. In the light of these market changes, interest in energy risk management has grown substantially and is becoming a fiduciary responsibility of energy companies. As energy trading, power exchanges and hedging techniques establish themselves in the oil, power and gas sectors, so then do newer derivatives markets emerge in LNG hedging, weather derivatives and freight hedging. Fusaro and James, as seasoned market practitioners in the region, focus on these market changes and examine the future of Asian energy hedging.
- Author BiographyPETER FUSARO is Chairman and Founder of Global Change Associates, an energy and environmental consulting firm based in New York City. Peter has worked for 28 years in the international energy business, and is a frequent speaker at energy and environmental conferences throughout the world. He is adviser to many global energy companies as well as the US EPA, US DOE, State Department, World Bank, Mitsubishi Research Institute, the Institute of Energy Economics, Japan, and Japan's METI. He is a member of the Institute of Petroleum, the Energy Risk Management Association and the Global Association of Risk Professionals (GARP). He is New York Chapter President of the International Association of Energy Economics. Peter has a BA from Carnegie-Mellon University and an MA in International Relations from Tufts University. Peter is author to several books including the New York Times best seller What Went Wrong at Enron (John Wiley, July 2002), Energy Convergence: The Beginning of the Multicommodity Market (John Wiley, 2002), Energy Derivatives: Trading Emerging Markets (2000), and Energy Risk Management (McGraw-Hill,1998). He is a contributor to Distributed Generation: The Power Paradigm for the New Millenium (CRC Press, 2001) and Global Markets and National Interests: The New GeoPolitics of Energy, Capital and Information (CSIS Press, 2002), and the author of a Financial Times Report Asia Pacific Energy Derivatives. TOM JAMES prior to embarking on a career in consultancy, advising hedge funds and banks on energy & commodity trading ventures & corporates on price risk management in the energy & commodity space, was Director for the Commodity Derivatives Group of the investment banking arm of the Bank of Tokyo Mitsubishi, Japan. Prior to Mitsubishi James was Director of Energy Markets at the French bank Credit Agricole Indosuez. Tom has worked for over 16 years in the international energy trading & investment arena, and is a frequent television market commentator and speaker at conferences & forums around the world. Tom has published many papers in his area of expertise and is the author of several popular books including the best-seller Energy Price Risk (Palgrave Macmillan, 2003) which has been published in English, Chinese & Russian Language versions.
- Author(s)Peter C. Fusaro,Tom James
- PublisherPalgrave USA
- Date of Publication02/08/2005
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Series TitleFinance and Capital Markets Series
- Place of PublicationGordonsville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note391 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight751 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine26 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.