All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHold onto your hats! It's windy on the Danish island of Samso. Meet the environmentally friendly people who w proudly call their home Energy Island.At a time when most countries are producing ever-increasing amounts of CO2, the rather ordinary citizens of Samso have accomplished something extraordinary--in just ten years they have reduced their carbon emissions by 140% and become almost completely energy independent. A narrative tale and a science book in one, this inspiring true story proves that with a little hard work and a big idea, anyone can make a huge step toward energy conservation.
- Author BiographyAuthor/illustrator Allan Drummond studied at the Royal College of Art. His many books include Tin Lizzie, a Green Earth Honor Book. He lives in Savannah, Georgia, where he is Chair of Illustration at the Savannah College of Art and Design.
- Author(s)Allan Drummond
- PublisherPerfection Learning
- Date of Publication24/03/2015
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPerfection Learning
- Weight431 g
- Width251 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Allan Drummond
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Picture book
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.