All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book addresses the practical issues for commercialization of current and future electric and plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (EVs/PHEVs). The volume focuses on power electronics and motor drives based solutions for both current as well as future EV/PHEV techlogies. Propulsion system requirements and motor sizing for EVs is also discussed, along with practical system sizing examples. PHEV power system architectures are discussed in detail. Key EV battery techlogies are explained as well as corresponding battery management issues are summarized. Advanced power electronic converter topologies for current and future charging infrastructures will also be discussed in detail. EV/PHEV interface with renewable energy is discussed in detail, with practical examples.
- Author BiographySheldon S. Williamson received his Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.) degree in Electrical Engineering with high distinction from University of Mumbai, Mumbai, India, in 1999. He received the Master of Science (M.S.) degree in 2002, and the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) degree (with Honors) in 2006, both in Electrical Engineering, from the Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, IL, specializing in automotive power electronics and motor drives, at the Grainger Power Electronics and Motor Drives Laboratory. Dr. Williamson is an Associate Professor within the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, at Concordia University, Montreal, Canada, where he has been working since June 2006. His main research interests include the study and analysis of electric drive trains for electric, hybrid electric, plug-in hybrid electric, and fuel cell vehicles. His research interests also include modeling, analysis, design, and control of power electronic converters and motor drives for land, sea, air, and space vehicles, as well as the power electronic interface and control of renewable energy systems. Dr. Williamson has offered numerous conference tutorials, lectures, and short courses in the areas of Automotive Power Electronics and Motor Drives. He is the principal author/co-author of over 150 journal and conference papers. He is also the author of numerous book chapters related to transportation electrification, power electronics, motor drives, energy storage systems and renewable energy systems. Dr. Williamson has been selected as the General Chair for the IEEE Transportation Electrification Conference, to be held in Detroit, Michigan, in June 2014. He will also serve as the Student Activities Chair for the IEEE Energy Conversion Congress and Exposition, to be held in Montreal, Canada, in Sept. 2015. In the past, Dr. Williamson has served as the Technical Program Chair for various conferences, including the Annual Conference of the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society (IEEE IECON 2012), the IEEE Vehicle Power and Propulsion Conference (2011), and the IEEE Canada Electrical Power and Energy Conference (2009). Dr. Williamson also served as the Project Coordination and Awards Chair at the 2007 IEEE Canada Electrical Power Conference, Montreal, Canada. He was the Conference Secretary for the 2005 IEEE Vehicle Power and Propulsion Conference, Chicago, Illinois. Dr. Williamson is also the beneficiary of numerous awards and recognitions. He was the recipient of the prestigious Paper of the Year award, for the year 2006, in the field of Automotive Power Electronics, from the IEEE Vehicular Technology Society (IEEE VTS). In addition, he also received the overall Best Paper award at the IEEE PELS and VTS Co-sponsored Vehicle Power and Propulsion Conference, in Sept. 2007. He was presented with the Best Paper award at the Annual Conference of the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society (IEEE IECON 2012), held in Montreal, Canada, and at the IEEE Canada Electrical Power and Energy Conference, in Halifax, Canada, in Aug. 2010. He was awarded the prestigious Sigma Xi/IIT Award for Excellence in University Research, for the academic year 2005-2006. In 2006, he also received the Best Research Student award, Ph.D. category, within the ECE Department, at the Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago. Dr. Williamson is a member of the IEEE. He currently serves as a Distinguished Lecturer of the IEEE Vehicular Technology Society (VTS). He also serves as Associate Editor for the IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics and the IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics. He also serves as the IEEE Industry Applications Society (IAS) Chapter Chair for the IEEE Montreal section. He is a member of the IEEE PELS, IES, and VTS.
- Author(s)Sheldon S. Williamson
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication24/10/2013
- SubjectTransport Technology
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note108 black & white illustrations, 89 colour illustrations, 27 black & white tables, biography
- Weight573 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.