All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThe North Sea oil industry plays a vital role in the UK ecomy. Oil was first pumped ashore thirty years ago and based on current estimates there are still thirty further years of oil reserves to be claimed from the sea. This exhibition aims to capture the vibrant community of people working throughout the sector. Scottish portrait painter Fionna Carlisle will create 24 new portraits representing a cross section of the people working in the oil industry, from employees of major international corporations to the self-employed. There are portraits of geologists, rig-builders, ecomists, helicopter pilots, the technical and service staff on the rigs themselves, and many others - all of whom have been chosen to represent the many aspects of this vital industry.
- Author(s)Fiona Carlisle
- PublisherNational Galleries of Scotland
- Date of Publication01/02/2007
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNational Galleries of Scotland
- Content Note24col 5b&w
- Width245 mm
- Height220 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.