All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe transformation from a carbon-based world ecomy to one based on high efficiency and renewables is a necessary step if human society is to achieve sustainablity, but while scientists and researchers have made significant advances in energy efficiency and renewable techlogies, consumers have yet to see dramatic changes in the marketplace - due in large part to government policies and programmes that favour the use of fossil fuels. This text examines the policy options for mitigating or removing the entrenched advantages held by fossil fuels and speeding the transition to a more sustainable energy future.
- Author BiographyHoward Geller served as director of the American Council for an Energy Efficient Economy (ACEEE) for two decades and is now director of the Southwest Energy Efficiency Project in Boulder, Colorado. He is recipient of the 1998 Leo Szilard Award in Physics and the Public Interest from the American Physical Society.
- Author(s)Howard Geller
- PublisherIsland Press
- Date of Publication01/11/2002
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIsland Press
- Content Notefigures, tables, index
- Weight408 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $23.03New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.96
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.47
- AU $60.87Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.87
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.