All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $21.10
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionThere has been ever increasing interest in understanding the various aspects of available resources and production, in terms of need and supply, conservation and environmental impacts and so on. From the current energy scenario, it is very clear that there are serious challenges related in achieving energy sustainability and security worldwide. The aim of this book is to present an overview of progress made towards energy sustainability addressing concerns regarding carbon emission and clean energy resources. Keeping this in mind, the book has chapters on all major energy sources which are being utilized at present, along with those having potential prospects for future.
- Author BiographyDr. Atul Sharma received his Ph.D. on the Effect on Thermophysical Properties of PCMs due to Thermal Cycles and Their Utilization for Solar Thermal Energy Storage Systems in the School of Energy and Environmental Studies at Devi Ahilya University, India. After, he worked as a Scientific Officier at the Regional Testing Centre Cum Technical Backup Unit for Solar Thermal Devices in the School of Energy & Environmental Studies at Devi Ahilya University Indore, funded by the Ministry of Non-Conventional Energy Sources, New Delhi, Govt. Of India. He also worked as a Research Assistant at Solar Thermal Research Center and the New & Renewable Energy Research Department at Korea Institute of Energy Research. Dr. Sharma has been a Visiting Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at Kun Shan University in Taiwan. Currently, Dr. Sharma is working as an Assistant Professor at Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology (RGIPT). He has published 26 research papers in various International Journals and 57 research papers in various International and National conferences. He also has several patents related to PCMs technology in the Taiwan region. He is working on developments and applications in Phase Change Materials, Green Building, Solar Water Heating Systems, Solar Air Heating Systems, and Solar Drying Systems. Dr. Sharma is conducting research at the Non-Conventional Energy Laboratory (NCEL), RGIPT, and is currently engaged with three Department of Science & Technology (DST) sponsored projects at his lab. Further, he served as an editorial board member and reviewer for many national and international journals, project reports, and book chapters. Dr. Amritanshu Shukla completed his masters in Physics and received his Ph.D. from IIT Kharagpur in January 2005. He did his postdoctoral research work at premier institutes across the globe. To name a few: The Institute of Physics Bhubaneswar (Department of Atomic Energy, Govt. of India), University of North Carolina Chapel Hill, University of Rome/Gran Sasso National Laboratory, and the Physical Research Laboratory Ahmedabad (Department of Space, Govt. of India). He is currently working as an Assistant Professor in the Physics department at Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology (RGIPT). His research interests include: Nuclear physics and Physics of renewable energy resources. He has published more than 60 research papers in various international journals and in various international and national conferences. He has presented his research work at various national and international institutes. Currently he is working on several national and international projects/research collaborations from India and abroad on his research interests.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication13/09/2016
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationPortland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintProductivity Press
- Content Note127 black & white illustrations, 49 colour illustrations, 33 black & white tables
- Weight997 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edited byAmritanshu Shukla,Atul Sharma
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.