All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe near-meltdown of Fukushima, the upheavals in the Middle East, the BP oil rig explosion, and the looming reality of global warming have reminded the president and all U.S. citizens that thing has more impact on our lives than the supply of and demand for energy. Its procurement dominates our ecomy and foreign policy more than any other factor. But the energy question is more confusing, contentious, and complicated than ever before. We need to kw if nuclear power will ever really be safe. We need to kw if solar and wind power will ever really be viable. And we desperately need to kw if the natural gas deposits in Pennsylvania are a windfall of historic proportions or a false hope that will create more problems than solutions. Richard A. Muller provides all the answers in this must-read guide to our energy priorities w and in the coming years.
- Author BiographyRichard A. Muller is professor of physics at the University of California, Berkeley, and the best-selling author of Physics for Future Presidents. For his outstanding work in experimental cosmology, he was awarded a 1982 MacArthur Genius Fellowship, and also a share of the 2015 Breakthrough Prize in Fundamental Physics for the discovery of dark energy.
- Author(s)Richard A. Muller
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication11/09/2012
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Content Note50 photographs
- Weight660 g
- Width165 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.