All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHow are sources of energy presented in twentieth and twenty-first century literary texts? Energy in Literature shows the connections in twentieth and twenty-first century literary texts between energy, society, and environment. The edited volume includes a substantial introduction, poems on energy, eighteen critical essays from international contributors, and a photo essay. The book explores how authors of recent world literature present energy sources ranging from coal and oil to solar, wind, nuclear, biofuels, and hydropower, and how these sources affect local and global communities. The anthology focuses on the impact energy sources have on individuals and the environment, and on salient themes including pollution; disposal of waste; industrial landscapes; sustainability; resource extraction and its ecomic, social, and developmental consequences; the intertwining between nature and culture; and gender and ethnic identity constructions.
- Author BiographyPaula Anca Farca is a Teaching Associate Professor in the Division of Liberal Arts and International Studies at Colorado School of Mines, USA, where she teaches literature, writing, and academic publishing. Her main research focuses on contemporary, postcolonial, and Indigenous literature. Along with numerous published critical essays and book chapters, Paula has published Identity in Place: Contemporary Indigenous Fiction by Women Writers in the United States, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand (2011), co-authored a textbook, A Student's Guide to Nature and Human Values (2010 and 2012), and coedited Speculations: An Anthology for Reading, Writing, and Research (2006). This is her first book with TrueHeart Press.
- PublisherTrueHeart Press (Oxford)
- Date of Publication31/07/2015
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleTrueHeart Academic Bridging Disciplines
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTrueHeart Press (Oxford)
- Content NoteColor illustrations.
- Weight787 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byPaula Anca Farca
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.60
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.