All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'All education is self-education and, as teachers, we can only provide the environment for children's self-education...where children can educate themselves according to their own destinies.' -- Rudolf Steiner This radical book seeks to shift the governance of Steiner-Waldorf schools from a structural to a dynamic approach. Jon McAlice argues that for teachers to help children 'practice the art of self-education', they must themselves model confident, honest self-governance. He shows how this ideal can come about by teachers, parents and students working together. He addresses issues of trust and colleagiality, authenticity, and self-development, and provides the tools and language that schools will need to make progress in this important area.
- Author BiographyJon McAlice is a freelance designer and consultant, focusing on the creative use of time and space. He is co-founder of the Center for Contextual Studies in Vermont.
- Author(s)Jon McAlice
- PublisherSteinerBooks, Inc
- Date of Publication15/01/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationGreat Barringron
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLindisfarne Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight195 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine9 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.16New
- AU $64.84Used
- AU $78.59New
- AU $105.40New
- AU $75.53Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $38.97Trending at AU $69.17
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $80.10
- AU $21.23Trending at AU $23.06
- AU $89.88Trending at AU $94.39
- AU $19.59Trending at AU $32.54
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.10
- AU $21.19Trending at AU $22.97
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.