All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionChanging demographics are having a substantial impact on college and university student populations. In order to continue garnering funds and supporting their higher education institutions, development offices and individual fundraisers need to learn more about alumni of color. To help move fundraising staff away from a one size fits all approach, Engaging Diverse College Alumni provides a comprehensive overview of philanthropy in diverse cultures. Unlike other works on fundraising within communities of color, this book focuses specifically on college and university alumni and offers concrete suggestions for engaging these populations, including best practices as well as approaches to avoid. This practical guide includes: A Comprehensive Overview of Diverse Cultures-use of secondary sources, interviews, and quantitative data to explore the history, motivations, and trends of Latino, African American, Native American, and Asian American and Pacific Islander communities. Practical Recommendations-data-based recommendations and examples integrated throughout the chapters, including Strategies at a Glance for quick reference. Best Practices and Innovative Approaches-interviews with advancement staff and alumni of color, an entire chapter outlining successful innovative fundraising programs, and a chapter on common pitfalls to avoid. Both newcomers and seasoned fundraising professionals will find this book to be a compelling and in-depth guide to engaging diverse college alumni.
- Author BiographyMarybeth Gasman is Professor of Higher Education in the Graduate School of Education at the University of Pennsylvania, USA. Nelson Bowman III is Executive Director of Development at Prairie View A&M University, USA.
- Author(s)Marybeth Gasman,Nelson Bowman
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/03/2013
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note2 black & white tables
- Weight181 g
- Width127 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.