All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
About this product
- DescriptionThe book of Acts has traditionally been situated within a first-century setting, offering an apparently straightforward account of the origins and spread of Christianity. Engaging Early Christian History presents a significant departure for Christian origins studies by setting aside the explicitly historical questions commonly asked of the Acts of the Apostles and, instead, situating the text within the context of second-century history and culture. The volume extends scholarly debate beyond the analysis of pure historical debates and concerns to focus on the associations between Acts and the diverse contemporaneous texts, writers, and broader cultural phemena in the second-century world of Christians, Romans, Greeks, and Jews. Examining the reception of Acts - and of Christian myth-making more generally - the volume explores the second century as a formative epoch for Christian storytelling, historical reimaginings, and reconfigurations of religious and social identities.
- Author BiographyRuben R. Dupertuis is Associate Professor of Religion Department at Trinity University, Texas. Todd Penner is Gould H. and Marie Cloud Professor of Religious Studies at Austin College, Texas. He is co-author of Contextualizing Gender in Early Christian Discourse: Thinking beyond Thecla .
- Author(s)Ruben R. Dupertuis,Todd Penner
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication29/11/2013
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationDurham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAcumen Publishing Ltd
- Weight612 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.