All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionEngaging Film Criticism examines recent American cinema in relationship to its imaginative intertexts, films from earlier decades that engage similar political and cultural themes. This historical encounter provides an unexpected and exciting way of reading popular contemporary films. Eclectic pairings include the Schwarzenegger action film True Lies with the Hitchcock classic North by Northwest, as well as the lampooned Will Smith comedy Wild, Wild West with Buster Keaton's silent feature The General. Using a theoretically and historically informed brand of criticism, Engaging Film Criticism suggests that today's Hollywood cinema is every bit as worthy of study as the classics.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Walter Metz is Associate Professor in the Department of Media and Theatre Arts at Montana State University-Bozeman, where he teaches the history, theory, and criticism of film, theatre, and television. He is the author of numerous book chapters and professional journal articles which focus on intertextual approaches to film adaptation, genre, and authorship.
- Author(s)Walter Metz
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/07/2004
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Series TitleContemporary Film, Television, and Video
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Note24 ill.
- Weight350 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.