All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionEffective teaching is a combination of technical skills and kwledge but good teachers also need to understand how children learn and how they can most effectively be taught. Engaging Primary Children in Mathematics explores the various strategies for engaging children in mathematical learning in the light of theory and practice and is designed to talk straight to the teacher/student about their classroom approach to the teaching of primary mathematics. The importance of creating a learning environment in which children can learn to be young mathematicians, where they can explore, create and solve problems, cant be underestimated. Margaret Sangster explores how students and practitioners can develop their practice by reviewing a range of approaches to the teaching of mathematics and the development of those young mathematicians, with examples of thought-provoking activities to inform their own practice.
- Author BiographyMargaret Sangster was formerly Principal Lecturer and Programme Director of the BA (Hons) in Primary Education at Canterbury Christ Church University, UK. She worked for many years as a primary teacher, and as a mathematics advisory teacher before moving to Higher Education. She is the editor of Developing Teacher Expertise (Bloomsbury, 2012) and Challenging Perceptions in Primary Education (Bloomsbury, 2015), and author of several books on mathematics, primary and secondary teaching.
- Author(s)Margaret Sangster
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication25/02/2016
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Academic
- Content Note10 bw illus
- Weight330 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.