All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEvery year a new group of students walks through the classroom door and the question arises: what can I do differently to better help my Hispanic students? This is one of the most fundamental questions every teacher must ask. The reason being, quite simply, that the percentage of Hispanic students in U.S. classrooms is increasing dramatically each year. In the past, education's overall approach was to let Hispanic learners simply adapt to the typical U.S., Anglo-dominated classroom culture. The expectation was they would acclimate themselves to the current rms. In fact, it was almost as if there was an unspoken rule that it was the student's responsibility to figure out how to fit in. If, arguably, that indeed was the situation, it is certainly longer true. Given the seismic shift in percentages, it's time for schools and teachers to proactively develop learning environments that will support these students in the best possible way. In Engaging The Hispanic Learner, Dr. Michele Wages helps education take an ermous step forward in addressing this increasingly complex issue. The research she cites is almost shockingly compelling. After reading this book there should be doubt in anyone's mind that the issue is real, the issue is important, and that successfully dealing with it-soon-is critical.
- Author BiographyDr. Michele Wages is an instructional specialist serving on title one campuses in the DFW area since 1993, including a bilingual campus with an eighty-six percent Hispanic student enrollment and a free and reduced lunch demographic of ninety-six percent. During her twenty-four-year career, she has been a classroom teacher, reading specialist, language arts facilitator and has provided staff development training for teachers.
- Author(s)Michele Wages
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication03/11/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Education
- Content Note0
- Weight158 g
- Width153 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine7 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.92
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.14
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.09
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.94
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.43
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.46
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.