Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $120.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEngineered Biomimicry covers a broad range of research topics in the emerging discipline of biomimicry. Biologically inspired science and techlogy, using the principles of math and physics, has led to the development of products as ubiquitous as Velcro(TM) (modeled after the spiny hooks on plant seeds and fruits). Readers will learn to take ideas and concepts like this from nature, implement them in research, and understand and explain diverse phemena and their related functions. From bioinspired computing and medical products to biomimetic applications like artificial muscles, MEMS, textiles and vision sensors, Engineered Biomimicry explores a wide range of techlogies informed by living natural systems. Engineered Biomimicry helps physicists, engineers and material scientists seek solutions in nature to the most pressing technical problems of our times, while providing a solid understanding of the important role of biophysics. Some physical applications include adhesion superhydrophobicity and self-cleaning, structural coloration, photonic devices, biomaterials and composite materials, sensor systems, robotics and locomotion, and ultra-lightweight structures.
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication24/07/2013
- SubjectOther Specific Technologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Content NoteIllustrated
- Weight1170 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edited byAkhlesh Lakhtakia,Raul Jose Martin-Palma
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.99
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.