All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionWithin the last thirty years there is a growing ackwledgement that prevention of catastrophic failures necessitates engagement of a large pool of expertise. Herein it is t excessive to seek advice from disciplines like materials science, structural engineering, mathematics, physics, reliability engineering and even ecomics. Today's engineering goals, independently of size; do t have the luxury of being outsideaglobalperspective.Survivaloftheintegratedmarketsand?nancialsystems require a web of safe transportation, energy production and product manufacturing. It is perhaps the ?rst decade in engineering history that multidisciplinary - proaching is t just an idea that needs to materialise but has matured beyond infancy. We can witness such transition by examining engineering job descriptions and postgraduate curricula. The undertaking of organising a conference to re?ect the above was t easy and de?nitely, t something that was brought to life without a lot of work and c- st mitment. The 1 Conference of Engineering Against Fracture from its conceptual day until completion was designed in a way of underlying the need of bringing all the key players on a common ground that once properly cultivated can ?ourish. To achieve that the conference themes were numerous and despite their, in principle tional differences, it was apparent that the attendees established such common ground through argumentation. The reader can see this from the variety of research areas re?ected by the works and keyte lecturers presented.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication01/01/2009
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1111 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byChris A. Rodopoulos,Spiros Pantelakis
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.