All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs every Engineer needs to do many daily calculations especially using modern standards like EUROCODES, the need to write custom software solutions is more and more real. Especially if standards include many complex formulas which are hardly calculated using pocket computers as it was 30 years ago. Then it came programmable pocket computers, I clearly remember as I had SHARP programmable computer, where it was possible to write a complex software, but you couldn't print the results as it is possible w. So today it is possible just by using Microsoft Excel and its programming abilities to write real software which can solve all daily engineering calculations with ease. What does an engineer need? So what does an engineer need when creating calculations? First there are input parameters, which should be entered on a very simple and a quick way, then a simple sketch as a graphical representation of the basis of calculation with antations of input parameters. After that engineer needs to define the mathematical procedure which could be very simple, but it should also enable him, to write also more complex formulas or iterations. This is very easy to do with Excel. In this book I will show you that you do t need to be a software developer to create your own customized engineering calculations in minutes. What is maybe the most important, you can update formulas in your calculation any time you want. This is the solution that every engineer needs, because it offers open-source solution with powerful programmable tools, but on the other side simple eugh to be done instantly. We will learn the following topics: - How to create cells where input parameters should be entered - How to create a sketch with antations of input parameters - How to prepare cells where results of calculation will be written - How to create a push button, where you will trigger start of the calculation - How to write code to perform calculation - How to write code to display the results of calculation - How to perform calculation This book will also show you how to write the software for practical engineering calculation for structural analysis. I will show you in detail, how to enter data, define formulas and actually perform calculation, including how to display results and format cells for results of calculation. I will provide you with an easy-to-follow material explanation, all steps including source code will be explained in detail.
- Author BiographyPrimoz Kvaternik is a director of GRSOFT Structural Engineering Company in Slovenia / EU. As a Structural Engineer with more than 15 years' experience in structural design on numerous architectural-engineering building projects both large and small, he has been working on project documentation for all types of building structures, including fire resistance calculation of building structures with consultation on the most appropriate fire protection. He has university degree in structural engineering and all possible licenses for the design and revision of project documentation for building structures at Slovenian Chamber of Engineers. He is currently teaching how to use Eurocodes as one of the most advanced building design codes on a world scale. He is teaching also how to use technology for solving daily engineering calculations, including software development as a support to structural engineering.
- Author(s)Primoz Kvaternik
- PublisherPrimoz Kvaternik, Grsoft Structural Engineering
- Date of Publication22/06/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrimoz Kvaternik, Grsoft Structural Engineering
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight91 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Edited byFarzaneh Farshad
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.91Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.78
- AU $36.60Trending at AU $37.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.