All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $169.18
- AU $36.19Trending at AU $44.81
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.80
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.84
- AU $24.46Trending at AU $29.64
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.53
- AU $15.91Trending at AU $19.06
About this product
- DescriptionWhat types of robots will the future bring? How do biomedical devices help patients? Have you ever wondered how your phone works? In Engineering: Cool Women Who Design, readers ages 9 to 12 meet three women who are working hard in the engineering field. Elsa Garmire has designed many devices that use lasers and light. Amy Kerdok designs medical and surgical devices. Anna Stork co-founded LuminAID Lab, a company that produces solar lighting products for the developing world and beyond. Engineering combines high-interest content with links to online primary sources and essential questions that further expand kids' kwledge and understanding of a topic they come in contact with every day. Nomad Press books in the Girls in Science series supply a bridge between girls' interests and their potential futures by investigating science careers and introducing women who have succeeded in science. Compelling stories of real-life engineers provide readers with role models that they can look toward as examples of how it can be done.
- Author BiographyVicki V. May holds a Ph.D. in engineering from Stanford University and is a professor at the Thayer School of Engineering at Dartmouth College. Her outreach projects bring the challenge of engineering to middle and high school students. Vicki was named Teacher of the Year for Dartmouth and Thayer in 2012 and Professor of the Year for the State of New Hampshire in 2013. The author of 3-D Engineering: Design and Build Your Own Prototypes from Nomad Press, she lives in Lyme, NH. Allison Bruce studied chemistry at the University of California, Davis, and design, illustration, and animation at the Academy of Art University, San Francisco. Allison is a member of the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators (SCBWI) as well as the Association of Medical Illustrators (AMI). She lives in Brisbane, CA.
- Author(s)Vicki V. May
- PublisherNomad Press
- Date of Publication31/03/2016
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitleGirls in Science
- Place of PublicationVT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNomad Press
- Content NoteColor illustrations throughout, B&W photos throughout, B&W illustrations through
- Weight272 g
- Width146 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Illustrator(s)Allison Bruce
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
- Interest AgeFrom 9
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.