All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents the content of the GNVQ in a way that encourages students to explore engineering for themselves, developing the expertise and kwledge required at this level. As well as a clear and accessible text, emphasis is placed on learning through activities, and self-evaluation through frequent kwledge-checks. Practice questions are also provided, and will prove particularly helpful for externally assessed units. Much of this book is completely new - reflecting a major syllabus revision that has taken place. The inclusion of the key optional unit, Applied Science and Mathematics for Engineering, extends the book in a way that will really make it core reading for all Intermediate GNVQ students. This book is the only text endorsed by Edexcel for Intermediate and Foundation engineering GNVQs. The content of the optional unit has also been designed to match City & Guilds requirements.
- Author BiographyMike Tooley is a technical author and consultant. He was formerly Vice Principal at Brooklands College in Surrey, England, where he was responsible for the delivery of learning to over 10,000 Further and Higher Education students increasingly by flexible, open and on-line distance learning. Mike is the well-known author of several popular engineering and related text books, including widely adopted course texts for BTEC, GCE A-level and GCSE qualifications in Engineering. Mike's hobbies include astronomy, amateur radio, aviation, computing and electronic circuit design and construction.
- Author(s)Mike Tooley
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication10/07/2000
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNewnes (an imprint of Butterworth-Heinemann Ltd )
- Content Noteindex
- Weight778 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine0 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.02New
- AU $5.82New
- AU $22.60New
- AU $33.47New
- AU $30.62New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $62.02
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.88
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.62
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.55
- AU $39.25Trending at AU $43.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.