All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEngineering Mathematics is a textbook written for undergraduate students of all streams of engineering. This book exhaustively covers all the topics taught in mathematics in different semesters in the B.Tech curriculum. Beginning with the basics, the book first introduces mathematics and its nuances to the students and explains the difference between applied mathematics and engineering mathematics. Fundamental topics such as sequence and series and matrices are discussed with the applications to engineering applications to engineering problems. Other important topics such as three dimensional geometry, functions of single variable and several variables, differential calculus, integral calculus, Fourier series, Fourier transform, Fourier integrals, ordinary differential equations, partial differential equations, special functions, vector calculus, complex analysis, and Laplace transform have been discussed in detail. Separate chapters are dedicated to probability, statistics, numerical methods, and discrete mathematics. Most of the chapters comprise sections on applications to engineering problems. There are separate chapters discussing the applications of the mathematical theorems and numerical methods to engineering problems. Plenty of solved examples, review questions, numerical exercises, and multiple choice questions have been provided to ensure that students get eugh practice.
- Author BiographySrimanta Pal is currently Professor at Electronics and Communication Sciences unit, Indian Statistical Institute(ISI), Calcutta. A PhD from IIT Kharagpur, he obtained an MBA from Jadavpur University (JU), M. Tech. (Comp. Sc.) from ISI Calcutta, B. Tech. (Instrumentation and Electronics Engineering) from JU and B.Sc. (Mathematics) from University of Calcutta. He has a teaching experience of close to two decades in prestigious institutions such as JU and IIMC (Indian Institute of Mangement Calcutta) Subodh C. Bhunia is currently Director at Orient Digital Company Pvt. Ltd, Kolkata. An M. Tech from ISI, Kolkata and an M.Sc. from Calcutta University in Applied Mathematics, he has about five years of teaching and close to three decades of industrial experience.
- Author(s)Srimanta Pal,Subodh C. Bhunia
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication24/09/2015
- SubjectTechnology: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note502
- Weight1866 g
- Width217 mm
- Height278 mm
- Spine42 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.47New
- AU $65.12Used
- AU $78.93New
- AU $105.86New
- AU $75.86Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.48Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.66
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.12
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $25.82
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.70
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.09
- AU $21.52Trending at AU $23.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.