All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
About this product
- DescriptionThe third edition of Engineering Mechanics: Statics written by nationally regarded authors Andrew Pytel and Jaan Kiusalaas, provides students with solid coverage of material without the overload of extraneous detail. The extensive teaching experience of the authorship team provides first-hand kwledge of the learning skill levels of today's student which is reflected in the text through the pedagogy and the tying together of real world problems and examples with the fundamentals of Engineering Mechanics. Designed to teach students how to effectively analyze problems before plugging numbers into formulas, students benefit tremendously as they encounter real life problems that may t always fit into standard formulas. This book was designed with a rich, concise, two-color presentation and has a stand alone Study Guide which includes further problems, examples, and case studies.
- Author BiographyDr. Andrew Pytel received his Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, his M.S. in Engineering Mechanics, and his Ph.D in Engineering Mechanics from The Pennsylvania State University. In addition to his career at Penn State University, Dr. Pytel served as an Assistant Professor at the Rochester Institute of Technology in the Department of Mechanical Engineering and as an Assistant Professor at Northeastern University in Boston. He became a full Professor at The Penn State University in 1984 and a Professor Emeritus in 1995. Throughout his career, Dr. Pytel has taught numerous courses and received many honors and awards. He has participated extensively with the American Society for Engineering Education and was named a Fellow of the ASEE in 2008. Dr. Jaan Kiusalaas is Professor Emeritus, Engineering Science and Mechanics from The Pennsylvania State University. Dr. Kiusalaas received his Honors BS in Civil Engineering from the University of Adelaide, Australia, his M.S. in Civil Engineering and his Ph.D. in Engineering Mechanics from Northwestern University. Dr. Kiusalaas has been a professor at The Pennsylvania State University since 1963. He is also a Senior Postdoctoral Fellow of NASA's Marshall Space Flight Centre. Dr. Kiusalaas' teaching experience includes addressing topics as Numerical Methods (including finite element and boundary element methods) and Engineering Mechanics, ranging from introductory courses (statics and dynamics) to graduate level courses.
- Author(s)Andrew Pytel,Jaan Kiusalaas
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication31/01/2010
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationFlorence, KY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNelson Engineering
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1040 g
- Width202 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edition Statement3rd International edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.