All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first of two volumes introducing structural and continuum mechanics in a comprehensive and consistent way. The current book presents all theoretical developments both in text and by means of an extensive set of figures. This same approach is used in the many examples, drawings and problems. Both formal and intuitive (engineering) arguments are used in parallel to derive the principles used, for instance in bending moment diagrams and shear force diagrams. A very important aspect of this book is the straightforward and consistent sign convention, based on the stress definitions of continuum mechanics. The book is suitable for self-education.
- Author(s)C. Hartsuijker,J. W. Welleman
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication18/09/2006
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Series TitleSolid Mechanics and its Applications
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 1528
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1492 g
- Width240 mm
- Height160 mm
- Spine38 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $43.41
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.