Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $88.03
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.08
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.44
About this product
- DescriptionEngineering Metrology and Measurements is a textbook designed for students of mechanical, production and allied disciplines to facilitate learning of various shop-floor measurement techniques and also understand the basics of mechanical measurements. With a conventional introduction to the principles and standards of measurement, the book in subsequent chapters takes the reader through the important topics of metrology such as limits, fits and tolerances, linear measurements, angular measurements, comparators, optical measurements. The last few chapters discuss the measurement concepts of simple physical parameters such as force, torque, strain, temperature, and pressure, before introducing the contemporary information on nametrology as the last chapter. Adopting an illustrative approach to explain the concepts, the book presents solved numerical problems, practice problems, review questions, and multiple choice questions.
- Author BiographyDr N V Raghavendra is a professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, National Institute of Engineering, Mysore. Prof. Raghavendra was a member of the Implementation Committee of the prestigious VTU-Bosch Rexroth Centre of Automation Technology, Mysore. He also served as the Special Officer of the VTU-Bosch Rexroth Centre from September 2007 to December, 2008. Presently he is the Coordinator of CNC Training Centre of the Institute and Director of NIE-Eicher Centre for Automobile Technology. Dr L Krishnamurthy is a professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, National Institute of Engineering, Mysore. He co-investigates the research project titled Characterization of Composite Materials and Application of Nanomaterials for Sustainable Energy , sanctioned by Nano Mission, Department of Science and Technology, Government of India.
- Author(s)L. Krishnamurthy,N. V. Raghavendra
- PublisherOUP India
- Date of Publication31/10/2013
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintOUP India
- Content Note400 diagrams
- Weight756 g
- Width186 mm
- Height243 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.