All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIntroducing engineering students to numerical analysis and computing, this book covers a range of topics suitable for the first three years of a four year undergraduate engineering degree. The teaching of computing to engineers is hampered by the lack of suitable problems for the students to tackle, so much effort has gone into making the problems in this book realistic and relevant, while at the same time solvable for undergraduates. Taking a balanced approach to teaching computing and computer methods at the same time, this book satisfies the need to be able to use computers (using both formal languages such as Fortran and other applications such as Matlab and Microsoft Excel), and the need to be able to solve realistic engineering problems.
- Author BiographyDavid Walker, Michael Leonard and Martin Lambert are in the School of Civil, Environmental and Mining Engineering, and Andrew Metcalfe is in the School of Mathematical Sciences, all at the University of Adelaide, Australia. They are all active in teaching and research and the content of the book reflects a strong belief that the one should complement the other.
- Author(s)Andrew Metcalfe,David Walker,Martin Lambert,Michael Leonard
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication14/10/2008
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Content Note73 black & white tables, 38 black & white halftones, 263 black & white line drawings
- Weight644 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.23
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.79
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.