Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $250.07+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $202.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.02
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
About this product
- DescriptionIn Engineering Problem Solving with C, 4e, best-selling author, Delores Etter, uses real-world engineering and scientific examples and problems throughout the text. Solutions to the problems are developed using the language C and the author's signature five-step problem solving process. Since learning any new skill requires practice at a number of different levels of difficulty, four types of exercises are presented to develop problem-solving skills - Practice! problems, Modify! problems, Short-Answer problems, and Programming problems. The author's clear and precise style creates a highly accessible and readable text for students of all levels.
- Author BiographyDr. Delores M. Etter joined the Electrical Engineering faculty at Southern Methodist University (SMU) on June 2, 2008.' She holds the Texas Instruments Distinguished Chair in Engineering Education, and is the Director of the Caruth Institute for Engineering Education.' Dr. Etter holds a joint appointment in the Computer Science Department, and is a Senior Fellow of the John Goodwin Tower Center for Political Studies.' Her research interests include digital signal processing and biometric signal processing, with an emphasis on identification using iris recognition. She has also written a number of textbooks on computer languages and software engineering. Dr. Etter previously held the Office of Naval Research Distinguished Chair in the Electrical/Computer Engineering Department at the United States Naval Academy where she was a faculty member from 2001 to 2008.' She was formerly a member of the Electrical /Computer Engineering Departments at the University of Colorado, Boulder (1990-98), and at the University of New Mexico (1980-89).' She was also a Visiting Professor in the Information Systems Laboratory at Stanford University in 1983-84. Dr. Etter has held two senior executive positions in the Department of Defense.' As Assistant Secretary of the Navy for Research, Development, and Acquisition from Nov 2005 through Nov 2007, Dr. Etter was the Senior Acquisition Executive for the Navy and the Marine Corps.' She was also the Senior Acquisition Executive for several Joint programs, including the Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) and the Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicle (MRAP). From June 1998 through July 2001, Dr. Etter served as the Deputy Under Secretary of Defense for Science and Technology. In that position, she was responsible for Defense Science and Technology strategic planning, budget allocation, and program execution and evaluation for the DoD Science and Technology Program. Dr. Etter is a member of the National Academy of Engineering.' She is also a former member of the National Science Board and the Defense Science Board.' She is a Fellow of the Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE), the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS), and the American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE).' Dr. Etter has received many national awards and honors.' She has also received the Department of the Navy Distinguished Public Service Award, the Secretary of Defense Outstanding Public Service Medal, and the Department of Defense Distinguished Public Service Medal.
- Author(s)D. M. Etter,D.M. Etter
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication14/03/2012
- SubjectComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationUpper Saddle River
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrentice Hall
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight610 g
- Width187 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.