All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book helps readers to master MATLAB[registered] step-by-step. The MATLAB - MATrix LABoratory - computational environment offers a rich set of capabilities to efficiently solve a variety of complex analysis, simulation, and optimization problems. Flexible, powerful, and relatively easy to use, the MATLAB environment has become a standard cost-effective tool within the engineering, science, and techlogy communities. Excellent as a self-teaching guide for professionals as well as a textbook for students, Engineering and Scientific Computations Using MATLAB helps you fully understand the MATLAB environment, build your skills, and apply its features to a wide range of applications.Going beyond traditional MATLAB user manuals and college texts, Engineering and Scientific Computations Using MATLAB guides you through the most important aspects and basics of MATLAB programming and problem-solving from fundamentals to practice. Augmenting its discussion with a wealth of practical worked-out examples and qualitative illustrations, this book demonstrates MATLAB's capabilities and offers step-by-step instructions on how to apply the theory to a practical real-world problem.In particular, the book features coverage of a variety of complex physical and engineering systems described by nlinear differential equations; and detailed application of MATLAB to electromechanical systems MATLAB files, scripts, and statements, as well as SIMULINK models, which can be easily modified for application-specific problems encountered in practice. Readable, user-friendly, and comprehensive in scope this is a welcome introduction to MATLAB for those new to the program and an ideal companion for engineers seeking in-depth mastery of the high-performance MATLAB environment.
- Author BiographySERGEY EDWARD LYSHEVSKI is Professor of Electrical Engineering and Professor of Microsystems Engineering at the Rochester Institute of Technology. Professor Lyshevski received his MS and PhD from the Kiev Polytechnic Institute in 1980 and 1987, respectively, and currently holds the Gleason Chairman professorship. The author of eight other books and author or co-author of more than 300 articles and papers, Dr. Lyshevski also serves as the Senior Faculty Fellow at the U.S. Surface and Undersea Naval Warfare Centers. His current research and areas of expertise are in design and analysis, synthesis and optimization of novel MEMS, the development of the fundamental theory of micro- and nanoscale systems, devices and structures, and in nanocomputers and their components.
- Author(s)Sergey Edward Lyshevski
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication24/06/2003
- SubjectSoftware Packages
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations, 1 port.
- Weight798 g
- Width218 mm
- Height284 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.