Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionOverview Scilab is a scientific software package that provides a powerful open com- puting environment for engineering and scientific applications. Distributed freely via the Internet since 1994, Scilab is currently being used in educa- tional and industrial environments around the world. This book contains all the information needed to master Scilab: how to use it interactively as a super calculator, how to write programs, how to de- velop complex applications, and more. The authors, Carey Bunks (BBN1), Jean-Philippe Chancelier (ENPC2), Fran~ois Delebecque, Claude Gomez, 3 Maurice Goursat, Ramine Nikoukhah, and Serge Steer (INRlA ), have t only been involved in the development of Scilab, but have used it for teach- ing and industrial applications for many years. A CD-ROM, containing the entire Scilab soUrce code as well as a set of precompiled binary executables for a variety of computing platforms, is included with this book. The objective here is to give a thorough description of Scilab's use, in- cluding how to master its environment and programming language, the use of the integrated graphics, the incorporation of user-provided func- tions, and a tour of the numerous application toolboxes. The purpose is to provide students and professionals with an introduction to Scilab and its use in engineering and scientific problem solving. The numerous practical examples serve as a framework that can be used as a basis for developing other applications.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication01/11/2012
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight979 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edited byClaude Gomez
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1999
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.