All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMike Engleby says things that others dare t even think. A man devoid of scruple or self-pity, he rises without trace in Thatcher's England and scorches through the blandscape of New Labour. In the course of his brief, incandescent career, he and the reader encounter many famous people - actors, writers, politicians, household names - but by far the most memorable is Engleby himself. This work is a lament for a generation and the country it failed. It is also a meditation on the limits of science, the curse of human consciousness and on the lyrics of 1970s rock music. And beneath this highly disturbing surface lies an unfolding mystery of gripping narrative power. For when one of Mike's contemporaries unaccountably disappears the reader has to ask: is even the shameless Engleby capable of telling the whole truth?
- Author BiographySebastian Faulks was born in April 1953. Before becoming a full-time writer in 1991, he worked as a journalist. Sebastian Faulks's books include A Possible Life, Human Traces, On Green Dolphin Street, Engleby, Birdsong, A Week in December and Where My Heart Used to Beat.
- Author(s)Sebastian Faulks
- Date of Publication03/05/2007
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRandom House Audiobooks
- Weight202 g
- Width125 mm
- Height142 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Read byMichael Maloney
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time329
- Edition StatementAbridged edition
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $20.20Trending at AU $35.78
- AU $28.57Trending at AU $30.71
- AU $32.09Trending at AU $37.50
- AU $18.92Trending at AU $20.12
- AU $15.19Trending at AU $19.88
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $46.22
- AU $31.69Trending at AU $34.87
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.