All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe author has analyzed the aesthetic and horticultural elements in ten representative cottage gardens-eight in England and two in the United States. Her spectacular photographs render the look and atmosphere of these gardens, while her text focuses on easily grown, readily available plants that are adaptable to a wide variety of climatic and soil conditions. In the back of the book-completely updated for this new edition-may be found specific horticultural information on a wide variety of cottage garden plants commonly available in the United States, glossaries of Latin and common names, and a list of sources for old rose varieties. The gardens in this beautiful book are t those of the great estates of England, manicured by staffs of professional gardeners. They are, instead, labors of love on the part of individual homeowners, many of whom started with bleak, rubble-strewn lots and went on to create the enchanted settings pictured here.
- Author BiographyMargaret Hensel is an accomplished garden designer, photographer, and writer whose articles and photographs have been published in numerous magazines. She lives in western Massachusetts.
- Author(s)Margaret Hensel
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication10/10/2000
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Content NoteCol.ill.
- Weight1390 g
- Width267 mm
- Height262 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.