All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionEnglish Counter Russian examines English/Russian literary translations of works by seven rewned authors and a critic - Pasternak, Chukovsky, Voivich, Tolstoy, Dostoevsky, Chekhov, Hemingway, and Paustovsky. Focusing on translation criticism that exposes all linguistic features of the original, this book includes the most salient qualities of the original's style and spirit. In so doing, Professor Sendich establishes linguistic categories best suitable for detection of translation's infelicities and excellence. Such a linguistic approach has helped him draw compelling conclusions regarding the overall quality and ranking of the translations.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Munir Sendich is Professor of Russian Literature at Michigan State University and, since 1974, editor of the Russian Language Journal. He holds degrees from University of Sarajevo, University of Heidelberg, and New York University (M.A. and Ph.D. in Russian Literature). Professor Sendich is author/editor of eleven books; editor of sixty-one volumes of the Russian Language Journal; and author of many essays on Russian literature and bibliographic compilations. Among his latest books are Boris Pasternak: A Reference Guide; Studies in Slavic Literatures and Culture (edited): and New Russian Diaspora (co-edited).
- Author(s)Munir Sendich
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/03/1999
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Series TitleMiddlebury Studies in Russian Language and Literature
- Series Part/Volume Number20
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1999
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight510 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.