Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.48
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.00
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $76.73
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $84.53
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.58
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.19
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.62
About this product
- DescriptionThe highly successful English Elements series is w in its second edition. The new edition retains the strengths of the previous edition while adding exciting new material to reflect best practice in today's English classroom. Books 1 & 2 are accompanied by Storymaker CD-ROMs which add an invative dimension to the text while Book 3 contains a Poetrymaker CD-ROM and Book 4 features a Playmaker CD-ROM. The series is designed for outcomes-based courses nationally, with special reference to the Curriculum and Standards Framework II. With a stunning, yet user-friendly full-colour design, this is a must-have resource for English teachers. Features * Balanced treatment of the strands of Writing, Reading and Speaking and Listening at Level 5. * Learning outcomes in the 15 units are derived from one or more of the following sub-strands:texts, contextual understanding, linguistic structures and features and strategies. * Wide-ranging treatment of literature, media and everyday texts. * Literature extracts of good length to allow the development of reading strategies. * Activities designed to cater for multiliteracies. * Culminating activities and assessment options for each unit accompanied by photocopiable assessment sheets. * Extensive modelling of linguistic structures and features. Storymaker CD-ROMs 1 & 2 This is a first in educational multimedia for the English classroom. Through Storymaker, students can interactively experience the craft of the writer. Using a carefully structured framework, students can become confident short story writers. Features * Stories can be created in six genres:adventure, fantasy, humour, mystery and suspense, science fiction and realistic. * A What's my story style? quiz leads students to a choice of genre. * Sample stories with genre characteristics for each game. * Five storylines with help features like plot, character and setting for each genre. * Thesaurus function. * Proofreading function.
- Author(s)Jo Eshuys,Theresa Saunders,Vic Guest
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Australia Ltd
- Date of Publication16/07/2002
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationMilton, QLD
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Australia Ltd
- Out-of-print date07/05/2014
- Weight840 g
- Contained items statementContains CD-I
- Edition Statement2nd edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.