Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionNearly 80 years on from the publication of this classic Priestley travelogue, its text has particular resonance in these modern times. This is a fully illustrated special edition. Broadcaster and best selling author of Pies and Predjudice , Stuart Maconie follows in the path of Priestley and gives a modern take on his English journey in his own unique style. This is a new special edition of this timeless classic featuring a contemporary perspective from Stuart Maconie. In 1934, JB Priestley published an account of his journey through England from Southampton to the Black Country, to the North East and Newcastle, to Norwich and home. In capturing and describing an English landscape and people hitherto unseen in literature of its kind, he influenced the thinking and attitudes of an entire generation and helped formulate a public consensus for change that led to the formation of the welfare state. Prophetic, profound, humorous and as relevant today as it was nearly 80 years ago, English Journey expresses Priestley's deep love of his native country and teaches us much about the human condition and the nature of Englishness.
- Author(s)J. B. Priestley
- PublisherGreat Northern Books Ltd
- Date of Publication01/07/2012
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationIlkley
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGreat Northern Books Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width190 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine26 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.