All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe book describes the Hungarian language of cardiology through contact linguistic analysis of Hungarian cardiology discharge reports. The author investigates how Hungarian physicians are influenced by the English language in their professional life, and what types of interference can be found in the Hungarian documents written by them. She explores the attitude of physicians and patients towards the English language and the interferences as well. The book suggests that a common code has been developed in medicine which is a mixture of mainly Hungarian vocabulary and grammar, and Latin and English terms, and other borrowed English structural features, and it is used by the members of the two discourse communities (family physicians and cardiologists) but t by their patients.
- Author BiographyCsilla Keresztes, MA in English Applied Linguistics and Philosophy (1988), dissertation in Social Medicine, Patient Education (1991), PhD in English Applied Linguistics (2010); teaching medical communication and translation studies at the University of Szeged, Hungary, and researching English contact-induced features in Hungarian medical texts (from 1992 to present).
- Author(s)Csilla Keresztes
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication17/01/2013
- Series TitleEuropaeische Hochschulschriften / European University Studies / Publications Universitaires Europeennes
- Series Part/Volume Number381
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published2013
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Weight450 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $73.88Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.