All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhich role is played by English literature in the modern world and specifically in university teaching? This question is explored in two international surveys and twenty-six contributions by scholars from all parts of the world. Basic information is provided on the current position of English literature(s) in the international university curriculum as well as on the main problems and new developments in university organization, teaching and studying. Special emphasis is put on discussing the future of English literature and literary studies, particularly the consequences resulting from the powerful social role of the audiovisual media and the development of 'English literature' into 'Literature(s) in English'.
- Author BiographyThe Editor: Professor Wolfgang Zach teaches at the English Department of Graz University (Austria). He is Chairman of the Research Division New Literatures in English and Founding Director of the Graz Centre for the International Study of Literatures in English.
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication01/02/1992
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleLiterature in English S.
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 3
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published1992
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Weight260 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edited byWolfgang Zach
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.20Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.