All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFocusing on the descriptive facts of English, this volume provides a systematic introduction to English syntax for students with prior kwledge of English grammar or syntactic analysis. English Syntax aims to help students appreciate the various sentence patterns available in the language, understand insights into core data of its syntax, develop analytic abilities to further explore the patterns of English, and learn precise ways of formalizing syntactic analysis for a variety of English data and major constructions such as agreement, raising and control, the auxiliary system, passive, wh-questions, relative clauses, extrapolation, and clefts.
- Author BiographyJong-Bok Kim is associate professor at the School of English at Kyung Hee University in Korea. Peter Sells is professor of linguistics at Stanford University.
- Author(s)Jong-Bok Kim,Peter Sells
- PublisherCentre for the Study of Language & Information
- Date of Publication01/03/2008
- Series TitleCLSI Lecture Notes
- Place of PublicationStanford
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCentre for the Study of Language & Information
- Content Noteblack & white line drawings
- Weight552 g
- Width181 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
- AU $22.95New
- AU $77.48New
- AU $36.45New
- AU $30.03New
- AU $78.48New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.52Trending at AU $64.59
- AU $21.89Trending at AU $23.06
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $22.97
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.08
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.31
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $87.71
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $82.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.