Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionOriginating at the beginning of the eighteenth century, Windsor chairs have been produced as disposable garden and verandah chairs and as finely carved royal furniture and, whether made by hand or machine, their basic, simple country lines have made them very collectable. To many people, the wide range of Windsor chairs is completely unkwn, linking the name as they do with only the most popular type, the wheelback Windsor chair. This book attempts to introduce these to the reader and to point out some of the basic characteristics which help in the naming and dating of Windsor chairs.
- Author BiographyIvan G Sparkes was Librarian of High Wycombe Central Library and Curator of the Wycombe Chair Museum from 1971 to 1988, before retiring to Halesworth in Suffolk to write and lecture.
- Author(s)Ivan G. Sparkes
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication10/01/1998
- SubjectAntiques & Collectables
- Series TitleShire album
- Series Part/Volume Number70
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintShire Publications Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight82 g
- Width150 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine2 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.