CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionTake-Off: Technical English for Engineering Workbook Take-Off has been designed for n-native speakers of English who are studying Engineering (NVQ Level 2 and above. The aeronautical context is particularly aimed at technicians and engineers who are going on to work in the aeronautics industry. Take-Off is an ESP course for intermediate-level students. Unlike many ESP courses, it teaches genuine transferable skills and is ideal for students who need to further their technical training in English. The focus is on skills development, using relevant contexts, with grammar taking a strong supporting role. Reading and listening development is dealt with in the context of understanding instructions and information in technical manuals. Students develop the speaking skills of asking for and giving factual information, and the writing skills necessary to complete workplace documentation, such as accident reports and safety assessments. Take-Off uses a communicative methodology, with graded tasks that are careful scaffolded to involve and motivate the students, providing them with a clear sense of achievement. The wide variety of texts and task types will appeal to a broad range of ages and nationalities. There are also comprehensive word lists and a glossary of terms for student reference. A bank of tests are provided online. Please contact us if you have purchased the book and would like access to these tests. Key Features * Practical skills developed for dealing with oral and written instructions and documentation * Task-based approach ensures achievable lesson outcomes * Variety of texts and tasks on a wide range of aeronautical topics * Two review sections to consolidate skills and vocabulary kwledge * Glossary and electrical appendix * Audio CDs for further self-study and homework Accompanying Course Book, Teacher's Book and Interactive Media Book also available.
- Author BiographyFiona McGarry has been working in EFL since 1989 as a teacher, teacher trainer, examiner, editor and materials writer. She is a young learner specialist with particular experience in the Arab World. She is the author of two primary course books and has been a writer, consultant and editor for the Preparatory materials in Garnet Education's revised English for Libya series. She has also been involved in writing ESP and EAP books, including English for the Energy Industries: Oil, Gas and Petrochemicals, Take-off: Technical English for Engineering, Safety First and TASK (Transferable Academic Skills Kit). She is currently co-writing English for Islamic Studies with Amna M. Bedri. Fiona has worked in Qatar, Libya, Sudan, UAE, Spain, the USA and the UK and has written and delivered many in-service orientation courses to familiarize teachers with new teaching materials, methodologies and teaching techniques. She is also involved in running CELTA and diploma courses and is an examiner, assessor and moderator for UCLES and Trinity College London. Nicholas Regan is an ELT writer and teacher trainer. Since 2002, he has worked as an independent consultant for teacher development in the primary and secondary sectors, covering teaching in under-resourced and crowded classrooms, and working with Ministries of Education, Universities and schools in China, Africa, the Middle East, Latin America and the EU. He has also been involved in the evaluation of state provision of English teaching. For several years he taught English at secondary school level in Latin America. In 2008, he co-authored the Garnet Education ESP course Take-Off, and has also contributed to the UAE English Skills series and the English for Libya series. He has also written materials for ELT training at Diploma level. His other work includes examining and assessment design for ESOL teaching qualifications; pre- and in-service training; and supervision of dissertations for MA TESOL students at the University of Birmingham. He holds the Trinity College London LTCL DipTESOL and an MA in Applied Linguistics from the University of Reading, UK.
- Author(s)David Morgan,Fiona McGarry,Nicholas Regan
- PublisherGarnet Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication01/03/2008
- SubjectELT Course Materials
- Series TitleTake-off!
- Place of PublicationReading
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGarnet Education
- Content NoteContains black and white tables and illustrations
- Weight605 g
- Width210 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsSewn
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.